Delicious protein packed cherry blueberry smoothie made with tart cherries, blueberries, and creamy almond butter. Quick and easy to make, super nutritious, and the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
I have to say this is one of my absolute favorite smoothie recipes. It’s smooth, creamy, ridiculously easy to throw together, bursting with flavor, and filled with so many good for you ingredients. Made with high protein greek yogurt, a handful of spinach, fiber-rich chia seeds, tart cherries, blueberries, and drippy almond butter.
What you’ll need to make this Protein Packed Cherry Blueberry Smoothie
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- Fresh spinach
- Frozen banana
- Frozen blueberries
- Frozen Cherries
- Medjool date
- Almond butter
- Chia seeds
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Simply add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until it’s smooth and creamy. Feel free to add any toppings you’d like too! I love mine topped with my chocolate chip almond butter cookie granola or cacao nibs. It’s really the most wonderful and refreshing breakfast or healthy afternoon snack.
Tips for making the best smoothie
- Always remember to use frozen fruit as it helps keep the smoothie cold and thick, just the way we like it!
- Start the blender on low speed, then gradually increase to high to help blend all of the ingredients together. Once well blended, return to low speed.
- Use any milk you’d like in your smoothie – almond, walnut, oat, soy, coconut, or regular milk. This is totally up to you!
More delicious gluten free breakfast recipes you’re sure to love!
- Gluten Free Greek Yogurt Banana Waffles
- Flourless Chocolate Black Bean Muffins
- Gluten Free Quick No Yeast Sticky Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Maple Cinnamon Macadamia Nut Banana Muffins
If you make this Protein Packed Cherry Blueberry Smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *