The best gluten free ultimate chocolate cake made with super moist chocolate cake layers and covered in rich, fudgy chocolate buttercream. It’s seriously the most flavorful and delicious chocolate cake you’ll ever eat! I’m telling you, once you make this, you’ll never make another chocolate cake recipe again.
This ultimate chocolate cake is by far the best gluten free cake I’ve ever had. SERIOUSLY, EVER! Three layers stacked high of fluffy, gluten free chocolate cake topped with an insanely rich chocolate buttercream covered in dark chocolate chunks. The fudginess level of this cake is off the charts! Every bite is filled with so much chocolate and the most incredible flavors. It’s a chocolate lovers DREAM!
This is the chocolate cake you’ll want to make when celebrating life’s special moments or when you really want to impress someone. It’s perfect for birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, or when you just want a really, really good chocolate cake!
What you’ll need to make this Gluten Free Ultimate Chocolate Cake
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- Gluten free 1:1 flour
- Granulated sugar
- Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Espresso powder
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Fine sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Canola oil
- Sour cream
- Pure vanilla extract
Additional ingredients for the chocolate buttercream
And for decorating
What makes this Gluten Free Ultimate Chocolate Cake so good?
- High quality Dutch-process cocoa powder – Using high quality Dutch-process cocoa powder adds a smooth, rich, deep, fudge-like flavor to the cake. It also creates a gorgeous dark chocolate color.
- Espresso powder – A little espresso powder enhances and deepens the flavor of the chocolate without making the cake taste like coffee. It’s the secret ingredient in this recipe.
Can we take a second to talk about this insanely rich chocolate buttercream? It’s really the only chocolate buttercream recipe you’ll ever need. Made with butter, powdered sugar, Dutch-process cocoa powder, and melted semisweet chocolate – it’s incredible! Ultra smooth and creamy, super fudgy, and spreads like a dream. You’ll probably end up eating it right out of the bowl before it even makes it onto the cake. Just saying!
More delicious gluten free cake recipes you’re sure to love!
- Gluten Free Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Banana Cake With Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake With Lemon Frosting
- Flourless Chocolate Quinoa Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
If you make this Gluten Free Ultimate Chocolate Cake, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *