What better way to celebrate Easter than with these gluten free bird’s nest carrot cake cupcakes! Made with deliciously moist carrot cake, topped with a perfectly tangy cream cheese frosting, toasted coconut, Mariani walnuts, and candy coated chocolate eggs. The perfect Easter treat that’s simple to make and incredibly delicious.
These adorable cupcakes are made with an insanely moist carrot cake base that’s gluten free, naturally sweetened with applesauce and coconut sugar, and loaded with flavor. Filled with cozy spices and tons of texture from the freshly grated carrots, shredded coconut, and Mariani walnuts, these cupcakes will surely be added to your Easter menu year after year!
What you’ll need to make these Gluten Free Bird’s Nest Carrot Cake Cupcakes
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
For the cupcakes
- Gluten free 1:1 flour
- Refined coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Pure vanilla extract
- Mariani walnuts
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Spices – cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove
- Baking powder + baking soda
- Fine sea salt
For the cream cheese frosting
For the decoration
More delicious gluten free cake recipes you’re sure to love!
- The Best Gluten Free Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Banana Cake With Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
If you make these Gluten Free Bird’s Nest Carrot Cake Cupcakes, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *