Delicious, healthy black bean pumpkin turkey chili loaded with sweet and spicy flavors. This creamy pumpkin turkey chili is packed with protein, perfectly spiced, and great for busy weeknights. It’s the perfect fall comfort food.
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use code glutenlessapron for 15% off)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- red onion, chopped
- fresh cilantro
Place olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add in the ground turkey and break up the meat with a wooden spoon, cook until no longer pink. Add chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, and salt. Stir and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
Add in the pumpkin puree, black beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, chicken stock, tomato paste, and adobo sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and add salt if needed.
Garnish with sour cream, chopped red onion, and cilantro.
Keywords: gluten free, turkey chili, pumpkin chili, spicy chili, black bean chili