The best grain free almond butter chocolate caramel cookies made with a mix of cassava and almond flour and filled with dark chocolate caramel chunks. These cookies are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar and packed with tons of incredible flavor! With soft chewy centers and slightly crisp edges, these gluten free cookies are so amazing I seriously cannot stop eating them!
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- 1 cup natural creamy “drippy” almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon tightly packed blanched fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4.5 ounces caramel sea salt + dark chocolate bar (60% cocoa), roughly chopped (3 ounces in dough, 1.5 ounces on top of cookies)
- flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large bowl, add almond butter, maple syrup, egg, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined, smooth, and creamy. Add the cassava flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined. Fold in caramel chocolate chunks.
Using a #24 cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced about 2 to 3 inches apart. Top each cookie with a few pieces of caramel chocolate chunks. (As the prepared dough sits, it may start to look a bit oily/separated. Just give it a quick stir to reincorpate the oils).
Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle each cookie with flaky sea salt. Allow cookies to cool for 5 to 10 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.