Chewy tahini iced oatmeal cookies filled with gluten free oats, creamy tahini, and so much cozy spice flavor. With slightly crisp edges, chewy centers, and topped with a perfectly sweet vanilla icing, these cookies are next level amazing!
There’s something I just love about oatmeal cookies. They’re chewy, hearty, and just so damn tasty. These iced oatmeal cookies are no exception. Made with tahini instead of more traditional butter, these cookies have the most incredible toasted nutty flavor while being both dairy and gluten free.
What you’ll need to make these gluten free tahini iced oatmeal cookies
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- Gluten free rolled oats
- Gluten free oat flour
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Xanthan gum
- Cinnamon & nutmeg
- Tahini (sesame seed butter)
- Granulated sugar & dark brown sugar
- Unsulphured molasses
- Vanilla extract
- For the Icing: powdered sugar, vanilla extract, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
What is tahini you might ask?
It’s simply ground up sesame seeds and very similar to a nut or seed butter. It’s creamy, mild, nutty, toasty, and gives these oatmeal cookies the most unique flavor.
Grab the ingredients and make yourself a batch of these super flavorful and delicious gluten free tahini iced oatmeal cookies. Enjoy them with a glass of milk or the way I like them, cold right out of the freezer. So good!
More delicious gluten free cookie recipes you’re sure to love!
- Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdoodles
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Salted Brownie Cookies
- Grain Free Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
If you make these Gluten Free Tahini Iced Oatmeal Cookies, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *