These gluten free lemon blueberry scones are packed with juicy blueberries, filled with fresh lemon zest, and have the most tender, crumbly texture. They’re super easy to make and are perfect for weekend brunch!
Scones are one of my favorite breakfast pastries and these gluten free lemon blueberry scones are no exception. They’re slightly sweet, soft and moist in the center, and have a crunchy golden brown top covered in crunchy turbinado sugar.
These scones are lightened up by using a blend of Mariani walnutmilk and Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. The result is one of the most delicious scones I’ve ever tasted with crisp crumbly edges and soft flaky centers.
What you’ll need to make these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mariani vanilla walnutmilk
- Unsalted butter
- Gluten free 1:1 flour
- Granulated sugar
- Fine sea salt
- Baking powder + baking soda
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Pure vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Fresh blueberries
- Turbinado sugar
Tips + tricks for the perfect scones
- Make sure you use cold ingredients – butter, milk, egg, and yogurt. This will ensure the scones stay moist and don’t spread while baking.
- Grate your cold butter on a cheese grater. The smaller pieces mix more quickly and evenly into the dough.
- Make sure to freeze your grated butter before adding it to the dry ingredients. It really does make a difference.
More delicious gluten free biscuit + scone recipes you’re sure to love!
If you make these Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Scones, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *