This amazing healthy gluten free oat flour carrot cake banana bread with cream cheese frosting tastes like a cross between a super moist carrot cake and your favorite banana bread. Made with a mix of Bakery On Main gluten free oats and oat flour and naturally sweetened with ripe bananas, applesauce, and maple syrup.
This easy gluten free bread is packed with whole grains and is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. And what makes this bread extra special is the incredible cream cheese frosting. It’s super thick, creamy, and flavored with vanilla and cinnamon. Mmm, so good!
What you’ll need to make this Gluten Free Oat Flour Carrot Cake Banana Bread
(links below are the gluten free & celiac safe products I used in this recipe)
For the bread
- Gluten free oat flour
- Gluten free quick oats
- Ripe bananas
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon + nutmeg
- Baking soda
- Fine sea salt
For the frosting
How to make homemade oat flour
You can easily make your own homemade gluten free oat flour by simply placing gluten free rolled oats into a blender and blending until they’re smooth and resemble a fine flour.
Tips + tricks for the perfect carrot cake banana bread
- Do not use substitutes for the oat flour. This recipe was developed using oat flour and I have not tried any other gluten free flours to see if they work.
- Make sure your egg and yogurt are at room temperature. This will ensure the coconut oil doesn’t coagulate and cause your batter to be lumpy.
- Do not over-mix the batter. If you do, you’ll end up with a loaf that’s very dense.
- Make sure to spray your loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray AND line it with parchment paper. This will ensure your bread comes out easily.
More delicious gluten free bread & muffin recipes you’re sure to love!
- Healthy Gluten Free Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread
- Healthier Gluten Free Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- Flourless Chocolate Black Bean Muffins
- Healthier Gluten Free Blueberry Banana Bread
If you make this Gluten Free Oat Flour Carrot Cake Banana Bread With Cream Cheese Frosting, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. You can also snap a photo and post it on Instagram! Make sure to tag @glutenless_apron and use the hashtag #glutenlessapron for a chance to be featured. Enjoy!
* some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! thanks for the support! *